Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Little Drama, Badger Corse Style

Film maker Rob Kolodny sent me this little out-take from last year's Mid-Ohio trip yesterday. He had come across it a few months ago, and said he had counted it as being one of his favorite moments of the trip. And when he mentioned it was about Macbeth, I honestly had no recollection of what he was talking about.

The set up: It's Saturday 7AM, we are somewhere in the middle of Pennsylvania. We have been on the road for 17 hours (of a 9 1/2 hour trip) and are not even halfway there. Our "ride it to the track" agenda is not going well. I've relented, and we've put a very tired and wounded Badger on the trailer to rest for a few hours while we try to make up for lost time. In the RV, tensions amongst the Team are high; as we are all exhausted, emotionally raw, and just about at one another's throats. Save for 4 hours sleep, 26 hours ago, I've been up for 4 days. And while I can be pretty out there on a good day; at this point, I am clearly, completely out of my gourd. And when Rob and his omnipresent camera asked for my thoughts, this is apparently what I came up with...


I bring all this up cause the timing strikes me as amusing. As we get set to do the next round of shooting  for Cafe Racer TV in a few weeks, I can't help but wonder whether these poor bastards from CRTV know what they might be in for.

I can hear the conversation in editing now. "Can someone please tell me what the f*ck this guy is talking about? It doesn't even have ANYTHING to DO with MOTORCYLES, for crying out loud!"

Oh well. Keep'em guessing, that's my motto.

Cheers,

2 comments:

  1. Judas Priest says, Know when to fold 'em Zorro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. The big lesson I gleaned from the weekend? I might be stubborn, but I'm not stupid. (I think).

    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete